Dave wrote:

> There is no NIC, however it does have two USB ports. I have a USB interface
> that connects to my cable modem, but it doesn't have a Linux driver available
> for it. Can anyone guess if it will work? It's a Linksys model USB10T
>
> I'm trying to locate additional memory for the laptop, but unsure if I can
> find any.

You may be able to fix both of these at the same time by running Linux
from a USB stick.  USB sticks may be slower than hard disks for huge
transfers, but they are faster for small transfers (no seek time).

That also allows you to try out whether the USB ethernet interface
works, without having blown away the OS that is currently on the
laptop.

--
All rights reversed.