> The data about 1.5dB snr or 3dB in relation with original Olivia is myth.
> My results show that both are dead modes

I respectfully disagree Jaack.

If you compare Contestia on a word-per-minute basis, you'll find it compares
favorably with Olivia and in some cases will outperform it based on that
criteria.

For example:

Contesita 16/500 and Olivia 4/500 have the same word-per-minute rate, but
Contestia will have a 5db advantage over Olivia in terms of throughput on a
moderately disturbed HF channel.

Of course Olivia is left at a disadvantage because the number of tones were
reduced to keep up with Contestia's wmp rate and I'm sure there's something to
be said there.

I'm sure the experts on this subject will shed more light on this, but I think
it's only fair to include the wpm throughput when comparing modes of a similar
type and bandwidth.

Tony -K2MO