From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:digitalra...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of J. Moen
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 9:22 AM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Has anyone tried the ASuS EEE pc 901?

That is a good price. I wonder if it has enough computer power for some of
the powerful digital mode programs.

That approach gives you the most versatility, but I'm going a different way
for PSK field work -- the NUE-PSK digital modem.  It has it's own LCD screen
and processor with software for PSK and a few other modes in the firmware.
It draws 60 ma without backlight, 80 ma with, so it will give many hours of
QRP PSK using a small battery for it and my 817.

The curent sale price is $150 kit, $200 assembled from
http://www.nue-psk.com/.

But a real PC like a Netbook would allow a lot of other portable activity,
but without quite as much time betore the batteries run down.

   Jim - K6XZ