--- On Mon, 6/22/09, jeffnjr484 <jeffnjr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: jeffnjr484 <jeffnjr...@yahoo.com>
> Subject: [digitalradio] Has anyone tried the ASuS EEE pc 901?
> To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Monday, June 22, 2009, 11:24 AM
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone used the ASUS laptop for psk31 or any digital
> modes im looking at it
> for some portable ops
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BYD178/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=pc
> It looks like a neat computer and the price is outstanding
> just wanted to know
> if anyone has tried it
> jeff kd4qit

The 901 should be just fine for the digital modes.  I have the ASUS 1000HE
which is just about the same computer except for the hard drive vers the solid
state memory and a few extras.  I have used Digipan and several other programs
for psk31 with no problem.  Runs mmtty fine.  If you do not have a usb to
serial port adaptor you may not be able to control the rig.  Some of the
interface units come with the adaptors for this.

It does not really take much of a computer to run basic psk31.  I have ran psk
31 with some 200 mhz desktop computers years ago.