Pat, I use a Microham device with a TS2000 and run HRD, FLdigi, Multipsk or
MixW without any issues.  You can essentially leave your Microham device router
as selecting the same ports for PTT and control and all should be OK.

HRD with DM780 can be a little overwhelming these days because it has so much,
and so many visual options.  However, all you need to do is configure HRD for
your rig and rig's baud rate , plus the comm port you use for rig control.
Then in DM780 configure how you want to set-up PTT.  I always find this
confusing in many different applications but in HRD there are only 3 options (I
think) , so it does not take long to try all three if needed.  HRD and DM780
also have  an effective method for linking the two, but you have to set this
up.  It is all explained in the help files but I always find it confusing.

Andy K3UK