Jeff:

I watched a WinLink station knock four stations off of the air yesterday. I
have dozens of screen-captures of waterfall displays, showing WinLink stations
crashing up to five QSOs at once. It happens every day, and is easy to document.

You looked once, and didn't see anything.

You can take it for granted that I know exactly what I am talking about and
have no need to exaggerate. As a thought experiment, try going on QRZ.COM in
the "Talk and Opinions" board and stating that you do not believe that
WinLinkers ever crash other people's QSO's.

Common sense should tell you that anybody transmitting ultra-wide digital hash
on HF without listening first will of course end up causing interference,
willful interference in WinLink's case since they refuse to run any
busy-detection but if that doesn't convince you, go ahead and see what kind of
reaction you get to your theory on QRZed.

73 DE Charles Brabham, N5PVL

Prefer to use radio for your amateur radio communications? - Stop by at
HamRadioNet.Org !

http://www.hamradionet.org