Maybe I am growing a little bit confused here .....

As I follow this thread, am I hearing that there is a flat limit of 300 baud in
all aspects of amateur radio?

First, can't we use 1200 baud in certain cases, such as above 2 meters?

Second, how do we correlate the 300 baud limit when we use such tools as EZPal
and other file transfer programs/protocols?

Am I to understand that these are working at a maximum symbol change rate of
300 baud?

guess I better do a whole lot more reading because this is getting quite
complex now ....