Definitely apples to oranges, Andy. One doesn't even need to get into a
discussion of speed (although I've finally tweaked things so that I reliably
get ~1Kbyte/min on a 1.6KHz mode S9 connection with 1-5K payload).

The most important difference is that there is no promise of FLARQ being
supported by a network of hundreds of radio mail server stations.

k*b*l*0*0*q