You can use ANY rig for digital modes if fit has a stable vfo

So not the oldest tube rigs but everything that is newer as 25 years should
work

So see what you can get on the used-rigs-market and get on the air

I would not take a radio that has many functions and not as many buttons
(like 857)

The functions will be hidden in menus with numbers etc. and you can not use
it without the manual

Better buy a rig with a big frontface and lots of buttons ... easier to work
with

Cu on the bands

Dg9bfc

Sigi