I am becoming persuaded that Patrick's Reed Solomon mode ID code is a real
advance for digital operating.  I think it is bringing new users to modes
other than PSK31.

For years I have enjoyed the robust nature of MFSK16 for extended QSOs where
propagation may be changing.  The last few days operating MFSK16 I have
repeatedly had folk answer my CQ for whom I am their first MFSK16 QSO.  I
think a lot of it may be because of the use of this mode ID feature in
several of the software packages.

I wish Nick and Denis would put it in the MixW package (as well as including
Nick's excellent Contestia in their regular download package).

Wes, WZ7i
www.wz7i.com