Skip,

> Based on your simulations, Doppler spread may not  be the major problem on
> VHF/UHF, but Doppler "shift" is

A spectrogram would show both Doppler spread and Doppler shift. If you have a
recording (steady carrier preferred) we can analyze the signal. I've attached a
spectrogram that shows 4 separate Doppler induced signals on 2 meter CW.

The 130 mile QSO took place this year between WA2FGK and yours truly. The top 3
traces certainly show aircraft Doppler, especially the one in the middle that's
dropping 3Hz per second. Notice that there's no Doppler spread to speak of.

PathSim is capable of both Doppler spread and shift. The two can be combined to
work simultaneously or used separately. Unfortunately, it's not capable of
sweeping Doppler across the channel to simulate aircraft scatter for VHF/UHF
work.

> We are now starting tests comparing DominoEx 4 to DominoEx 8

Since propagation can change in a instant, it might be useful if you could
transmit both modes simultaneously so that each is exposed to the same
propagation conditions. It saves time and the results should be useful. I had
done this some time ago with a fellow in the U.K using HF (experimental
purposes of course).

My Vista OS allows two instances of Fldigi to run simultaneously and it will
transmit and receive as well. You'll have to leave some room between the two
modes. It's worth a shot.

Tony -K2MO