  From: vk2eta
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 7:35 PM
  Subject: [digitalradio] Re: NVIS Path Simulations - Darko,
9A2LI

  Tony,

  Would it be possible to get the same test for the PSK
"Robust" modes as in the alpha version of Fldigi?

  http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi-flarq/

  I would really like to have an idea of what the simulator
says since we found in practice reasonable NVIS performance
(to our surprise).

  They are basically a BPSK mode with FEC (like PSK63F), but
with an interleaver added for time diversity.

  It would be great to see how the 3 speeds fair (PSK125R,
250R and 500R) since the interleaver size changes with the
speed.

  Also, regarding Q15X25, if you can run Linux this may be
another option:
http://he.fi/pub/ham/unix/linux/ax25/newqpsk/

  Regards,

  John (VK2ETA)

  --- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, Tony <d...@...>
wrote:

  > > That is realy nice path test. Can you try few other
modes,
  > > some more wide like ALE and Q15X25 ?
  > > We experimenting a lot with PSK250/500, with or
without
  > > FEC and your path sim. explains us a lot.
  > > Experiments are on 80m band with NVIS antennas and
  > > 20-100Km distance.
  > > 73! Darko 9A3LI
  >
  > Darko,
  >
  > I'm glad you found the path tests useful. I've tested
  > several modes for NVIS performance using the path
parameters
  > recommended by the ITU (see below). This simulation
  > represents a mid-latitude NVIS skywave path (7ms delay)
with
  > significant ground wave interference.
  >
  > Please see attached image for the Hellschreiber test
sample.
  > The image reveals how NVIS path delays can effect Hell
mode
  > reception. Let us know how the simulations compare to
your
  > on-air testing and if there's another mode I can run
through
  > the simulator for you.
  >
  > Tony -K2MO
  >
  > PS: I'm not sure why, but I could not test Q15X25 with
Mixw.
  > I'm not aware of another program available for that
mode.