I forgot to mention...

I feel a little guilty when running 50 watts on PSK31 now.  In the past 6
months I have logged over 50 QSOs including Japan and Europe (both > 5000
miles) with less than 1 watt.  It takes a little more patience but it has been
a real eye-opener to discover what can be done with very little power on
digital modes.  Some of the other modes, such as Olivia, are even more
sensitive than PSK31.  The problem with those modes is that sometimes signals
that are copyable by the software are not found because they cannot be heard or
seen on the waterfall.

Ed