I ran into this. I sent the operator a nice email. He explained that  the
problem was on my end because his sig was overloading my receiver. He seemed
to know more than me so I went with his answer.

From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:digitalra...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of DANNY DOUGLAS
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 8:42 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Re: Introduction and question

To bypass all the technical stuff:  just listen to the  PSK bands and watch
for single stations which show up across the waterfall in numerous places.
In most cases, it is because they are sending with too much power.  Ask them
to decrease power, and the extra upper/lower signals just disappear.
Sometimes its difficult to figure outw here they are listening, due to so
many strong signals from the same station.    Like any other mode, one
should always start out with the lowest possible signal, and if they dont
answer, increase it a few watts and try try again.  We are supposed to use
the least power needed for a contact.  Thats part of the Amateur operators
code, isnt it?

Danny Douglas
N7DC
ex WN5QMX ET2US WA5UKR ET3USA SV0WPP VS6DD N7DC/YV5 G5CTB
All 2 years or more (except Novice). Short stints at:  DA/PA/SU/HZ/7X/DU
CR9/7Y/KH7/5A/GW/GM/F
Pls QSL direct, buro, or LOTW preferred,
I Do not use, but as a courtesy do upload to eQSL for those who do.
Moderator
DXandTALK
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DXandTalk
Digital_modes