Tony wrote:
> Sholto,
>
> The silence is deafening...
>
> I'm sure there are some who may be unaware of the the NCDXF beacon network (
> www.ncdxf.org ) but there's no excuse for the deliberate QRM I've witnessed.
> I'm very surprised...

I, personally, don't use 14.101MHz and have been trying to persuade
people to move up the band a bit anyway.  So, the deafening silence has
been the art of persuasion rather than big boots stomping up and down on
a new experimental mode.

I do hope that you will be figuring out who and what that packet or TOR
mode is that is below 14.101, and nearer the beacon frequency and
stomping on that as well?

In fact, if ROS is on a dial frequency of 14.101MHz, and like most
digital modes it transmits HF of that frequency by some offset, probably
about 1.2kHz or so, wont it be far out of the passband of even a
wide/normal CW filter?  If so, please explain how you are so sure it is
ROS that is causing a problem.  Even if the '1st tone' was some 400Hz
above the dial frequency, that is still 1.4kHz, and only transmitting
that 400Hz tone infrequently, so, again, I would have thought way above
a 'standard' CW filter width...

Dave (G0DJA)