sholtofish wrote:

> With a 500Hz narrow filter certainly it would be far enough away but I
> suspect that many of the monitoring stations might be using a wider
> bandwidth, especially the automatic monitors. I know for a fact the FAROS
> program requires a wider bandwidth than 500Hz and I remember reading
> somewhere it needs about 2KHz for optimal detection of the NCDXF signals. I
> don't know the reason why but if so then it is conceivable that ROS on 14.101
> is indeed causing a problem.

If they are using USB and are looking to detect in a 2kHz bandwidth, as
some programs do, then they should be setting their dial to 14.099MHz to
cover 14.100MHz.  If they are setting 14.100MHz and covering up to
14.102 then they are not using their system correctly.

Let's assume that they are using it correctly from 14.099 to 14.101 then
the 1st ROS tone, for a dial setting of 14.101MHz, will be on
14.102.4MHz at least 1.4kHz higher than their highest required
frequency, so I still don't see how it is interfering.

However, it's academic now that they have another 1 kHz of separation.

Dave (G0DJA)