--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "g4ilo" <jul...@...> wrote:

> --- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "aa777888athotmaildotcom" <aa777888@>
> wrote:
> > Nevertheless, if you are in an internet denied area (no wireline or
> > commercial wireless) you can now send and receive internet email over HF
> > and do it WITHOUT a $1000 Pactor modem.
> >

> Does that include email from non-hams and messages of a commercial nature?
>
> Julian, G4ILO

For U.S. hams the answers are "yes" and "no" respectively. However the Winlink
system does not monitor and censor messages to my knowledge. I suspect every
once in a while people get nabbed passing commercial traffic however in this
day and age those who are in the business of being in business have much better
ways of passing email traffic.

I would encourage people to explore the winlink.org site to learn more about
Winlink and how messages go between it and the internet. Also to certainly try
Winmor if for no other reason than to learn about how it works and have a
Winlink account setup "just in case".