Tony,

It would be interesting to experiment with packet over nvis paths too. The
higher signal to noise ratio typical with nvis would really speed throughput.
Maybe you could devise a simulation of this Tony?

Another idea which keeps nagging at me is using SCS's Robust Packet with their
fairly cheap kiss Tracker TNC. Robust packet looks like it either works at 200
or 600 baud with a fairly narrow bandwidth.

I can imagine, should the 300 baud limit be abolished (FCC please!) then an
nvis network of 600 baud Robust Packet (either SCS or a sound card version)
coupled with the flexibility and features of John's BPQ node software might
prove an excellent emcom facility.

Even plain old FSK HF packet is dramatically enhanced by the parallel decoders
working in the SCS Tracker.

73

Sholto