As many people know, I've been trying varying ideas of a way to post
information on-line about who is QRV.  Sked pages, HRGnet, Hamspots, etc, etc.

In thinking about Network 105, I remembered the old MHEARD packet command and
how easy and convenient that was.  The fact that 300 baud packet is not as
robust as  modes like Olivia may actually serve a useful purpose.  If you hear
a signal on 300 baud packet, chances are  you can work it with other modes.  If
you really want to "talk" to a particular station and the path is marginal, you
could use the "network" part of Network 105 and go in via a node .  If you
establish a connection keyboard to keyboard , and do not wish to tie up the
frequency, then you could "QSY" and pick a different mode.

Of course , this is just one band, but if the idea takes off...maybe there
would be a 30 or 40 frequency for times 20M is "dead".  With 10M radio selling
for $25.00 at hamfests nowadays, I am also intrigued about a 10M network of low
powered (25 watts) packet stations that could be quickly utilized.  This would
allow dedicated full-time packet stations and free up the main rig for other
operations.  Multipsk installs easily on older computers, so that old laptop of
PC laying around your basement could also be part of a dedicated station,  or
that old TNC you have not used in years (I have two!)

Just a few random thoughts from me, but Sholto and Tony's experiments have
established that this mode and network while "old school" could actually be a
viable tool in this digital mode age.

Andy K3UK