In the original FCC statement on this topic back in March (released via the
ARRL), they stated that they did feel that ROS was Spread Spectrum because
that was indeed what Jose called it. As they put it, the developer should
know what he developed. They further went on to say that it was up to each
individual operator to be aware of what is being transmitted from their
station.

So, the way I see it, it isn't up to the FCC to prove that ROS is Spread
Spectrum....they've spoken and have issued a decision like it or not.  If
they come knocking on your door (yes, they still do it from time to time),
it will be up to you to prove that ROS IS NOT spread spectrum.  Unless
you're capable of doing so, you'd be safer simply not using it.  Or, in
other words, is your use of ROS worth $10,000 or more in fines?

Dave
K3DCW

--
Dave