Hi Gareth

I have had some good success running decoding s/w under both wine and an XP VM
within Ubuntu.

Not all software works (the dreaded ROS dies under wine) but it's never decoded
anything for me under Windoze!

I had a few issues with PTT control, but to be fair I had those issues with
native linux apps such as fldigi.

I think if I could do it all again, I would probably go for a dual-boot
install. There are so many factors that affect successful operation in digi
modes, that it would sometime be nice to get it working in a native environment
first, rather than pondering whether issues are due to o/s or vm compatibility.

Cheers
Mike
G4TVP