________________________________
From: J. Moen <j...@jwmoen.com>
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, July 20, 2010 8:33:06 PM
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Re: Olivia vs. RTTY vs. PSK & spectrum efficiency

I completely understand the lure of the old mechanical teleprinters.  But I
have
to say I was surprised at my reaction to the addition of RTTY to the firmware
in
my NUE-PSK modem.

I typically use the NUE-PSK battery powered plugged into my 817 while doing QRP
in the field.  I don't need to lug along a laptop to do PSK31.  Apparently it
was easy for them to add RTTY support, and by golly, I found myself doing the
occasionally RTTY QSO using this little device.  And it was fun.

I would not have guessed a modern little device like the NUE-PSK would ever
support RTTY, and I would not have guessed I'd get a kick out of it.  I mean, I
still prefer other digital modes, but RTTY once in a while can be fun too, I've
discovered.

  Jim - K6JM