> when I change layer's opacity, I hope all content in the
> layer (background image or window content) will change
> their opacity after calling layer->SetOpacity()

This is how it should work if the display layer properly
supports DLCAPS_OPACITY, and the display layer is configured
to use the opacity.

>Can any one tell what's wrong from following code?

I believe that with DFB 1.0.1 it's possible to call
IDirectFBDisplayLayer::SetOpacity even if it is not supported
by the display layer, so make sure to get the description and
see if the DLCAPS_OPACITY capability flag is set.

If it is set, you must then request that the global/constant
opacity is used by calling SetConfiguration and specifying
the DLOP_OPACITY flag (don't forget to set DLCONF_OPTIONS to
indicate there's a valid value in the options field).

Regards,
Timothy

--

Timothy Strelchun
CE Software Engineering

The views expressed above are my own and not those of Intel