Hi Victor,

>From my application, I need to disable DirectFB writing to
>frame buffer at run time for some specific  period of time and
>re-enable it short later, is there simple way to do it?

The answer really depends on the details of your system and what work is
occurring.  If there's lots of independent processes using DFB you
should really setup a mechanism to coordinate their activities.
IDirectFB::WaitIdle could be useful in such a scenario as a
double-check, and in the worst-case with no cooperation you could
probably go brute-force by using the appropriate buffer's interface to
lock it (which should block out any writing to it) by calling
IDirectFBSurface::Lock.  Then call Unlock after the time period has
ended.

Good luck!

Regards,
Timothy

--

Timothy Strelchun
CE Software Engineering

The views expressed above are my own and not those of Intel