Hi,

I am trying to implement a particular channel coding technique as part of my
work(Master's Thesis). I need to test this technique in a fading channel.
But since I have no control over the channel I cannot quantify channel
condition.I need SNR to analyze the performance of the coding technique.The
only solution i thought was to inject noise at source and ensure that
transmission.But this is more like a simulation. I would like to know if
there are better ways to do this.

My second question is more related to Python programming. I need to run a
series of scripts one after the other in my work.Though these scripts work
fine independently. I get an error when I use os.popen(). In most cases I do
not want the control to return back to the calling script.Could any one
suggest what is the best way to do this, or atleast a reference?

Thanks
Swapna