From: discuss-gnuradio-bounces+ytachwali=ou....@gnu.org
[discuss-gnuradio-bounces+ytachwali=ou....@gnu.org] On Behalf Of Swapna Raj
[swapna.ra...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 8:57 AM
To: Discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Measuring SNR

Hi,

I am trying to implement a particular channel coding technique as part of my
work(Master's Thesis). I need to test this technique in a fading channel. But
since I have no control over the channel I cannot quantify channel condition.I
need SNR to analyze the performance of the coding technique.The only solution i
thought was to inject noise at source and ensure that transmission.But this is
more like a simulation. I would like to know if there are better ways to do
this.

My second question is more related to Python programming. I need to run a
series of scripts one after the other in my work.Though these scripts work fine
independently. I get an error when I use os.popen(). In most cases I do not
want the control to return back to the calling script.Could any one suggest
what is the best way to do this, or atleast a reference?

Thanks
Swapna