We're new to gnuradio and have a shiny USRP2 with a DBSRX daughterboard. More
details are below.

The system is kind of working, but usrp2_fft.py reports Failed (or Invalid if
there's a typo) for every frequency we enter regardless of whether it's in the
supported range or not. Oddly, the entered value does affect the spectrum
display and the signal we're supplying does show up sometimes, but the
relationship between the frequency we enter and our generated signal is unclear
to us.

srp2_probe returns sensible information:

Converter Rate: 100000000 Hz
Gain Range: 0.0 - 84.0 step 1.0
Freq Range: 500000000 Hz - 2600000000 Hz

I've looked at the source and don't see an obvious way to get more information
on the failure. Is there one?
Are there other diagnostic tools we should try?

We're using raw ethernet (and running everything with sudo). Should we use UDP
or UHD instead?

Any tips would be much appreciated.

-Marc

Configuration details:

Ubuntu 10.04
GNU Radio 3.3.0 from http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnuradio/gnuradio-3.3.0.tar.gz
Installed using the Lucid install script at
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/UbuntuInstall.
We originally installed the prebuilt 3.2.2 package available via the Synaptic
Package Manager, but uninstalled it.

FPGA:  u2_rev3-20100603.bin
Firmware:  txrx_raw_eth_20100608.bin
DBSRX EEPROM: burn_dbsrx_eeprom.bin dated July 14, 2010
All from http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/public/wiki/U2binaries