On 12/11/2011 03:18 AM, Matt Mills wrote:
All,

The attached script crashes with a segmentation fault (or with the I/O error text in the code). My C++ knowledge is lacking however I believe this is because work() and close() are both being called simultaneously from different threads. The close() call is being made while the execution of work() is already past the "is this file handle working?" test (I think?).

Thanks,
Matt.

I think that what I'd do is cause the close() method to simply set a flag that says "close desired", and then do the actual close at the end of
  the work function, probably under a mutex.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator