Marcus thanks foryourhelp.

I was trying with 2 antennas(WA5VJB)varyingtheusrp tx gain but the results are the same(In this momentIdon'thave anattenuator).I was reading a past mailfrom this list(March 252012) and there is a similar problemthatI have: the q component is not zero, I send a mail to the list asking for it....

thanks

Consider the attached AM transmitter simulation that uses a complex signal source for both the modulation source (1kHz tone), and the carrier (0Hz).

Note that the signal spectrum is exactly as you would expect, and I and Q are *both* non-zero in the "scope" sink.

Keep in mind that the representation of signals we talk about here is given by:

x(t) = x1 (t) cos(?0 t) - x2 (t) sin(?0 t)

And that direct-conversion SDR hardware (such as the USRP) uses the I/Q representation of the signals, in which both the in-phase and quadrature
  components are significant.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator