From: mark.mccar...@live.co.uk
To: discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] WX GUI FFT Sink Performance
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 06:21:34 +0100

Marcus,

Sorry for the late reply on this, I've been upgrading my hardware and I'm just
catching up.  Here is my issue, in Spectrum lab if I provide a FFT Input length
of 65536 on a 192Ksps stream, I get the following characteristics:

Effect of FFT settings with fs= 192.000 kHz:
Width of one FFT-bin: 2.92969 Hz
Equiv. noise bandwidth: 4.39453 Hz
Max freq range: 0.00000 Hz .. 96.0000 kHz
FFT window time: 0.341 s
Overlap from scroll interval: 98.4 %

It runs quite fast.  If I provide the same FFT size to WX GUI FFT sink, it
basically hangs.  Do you know why?

Regards,

Mark McCarron