On 07/30/2013 05:55 PM, Tom Rondeau wrote:

So codec2 shouldn't be using Volk, but if it's using some other SIMD
code itself, that could be a problem.

The problem with just turning off a QA test because it fails is that
we're now just hiding a potential problem. I'd rather understand the
problem and try and patch it as opposed to shutting our eyes and
pretending everything's ok :)

I agree. For floating-point-derived "stuff", it seems that tests should not be doing bit-wise-exact comparisons (and indeed I think most of our QA tests understand that there's a reasonable "window" for answers coming out of the QA tests).