He Guys,

Thank you for the prompt replies, in special Nick Foster for the reply, I
am very thankful for the gr-ais package! :)

Currently I am working with the modtool. I didn't know it's existence. A
very helpful tool.

I might have found a bug. I have version 3.7.2git-0-gd19aa281. When I
create a new block using modtool newmod I get the basic structure. When I
go to gr-blockname/blockname_swig.i, I see that it includes `gnuradio.i`,
In the wiki is
stated<http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Move_3-6_to_3-7?version=7>that
this should be 'runtime_swig.i'.

I have regenerated all the blocks using the modtool. From this base I can
rebuild the module. I have ported all the code from the old-version to the
3.7 file structure. From this point I have some ground that the cmake files
are ok. Everything compiles OK, but at run time I get a swig related issue.

File "/home/fokko/Desktop/gr-ais/apps/ais_rx.py", line 12, in <module>
    from ais import *
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ais/__init__.py", line 45,
in <module>
    from ais_swig import *
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ais/ais_swig.py", line 26,
in <module>
    _ais_swig = swig_import_helper()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ais/ais_swig.py", line 22,
in swig_import_helper
    _mod = imp.load_module('_ais_swig', fp, pathname, description)
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-ais.so: undefined symbol:
_Z14gr_rounduppow2j

​It seems that the `gr_rounduppow2` (from misc.h) function isn't available
in the swig environment.​
​​ I believe that the declaration is interpreted as a concrete class.​ I am
studying CS at the university, but I don't have much experience with ​the
SWIG package
​, a nice opportunity to learn :)​

​Kind regards,
Fokko Driesprong