Thanks - I am running an quad-core Intel I5 laptop. It is running Ubuntu
13.10. I also have it running on a VM on my 8 Core I7 Macbook.

Do you have any pointers or links on using oprofile with gnuradio? I found
some material on using GR Performance Counters, but I haven't had a chance
to try.

I am going to working on learning how to profile using the VM. In the
meantime, I rolled back the bare metal machine so I can keep my site up.

I installed 3.7 using the build-gnuradio script. When I reinstalled 3.6.5,
also using build-gnuradio, the performance was still high. I am wondering
if it actually has something to do with libraries being upgraded. I know
the script upgraded me from Boost 1.49 to 1.53. Are there some other
libraries that could have a perf impact? ITPP?