Hi Dave,
Don't be sorry :)

However, of you've modified the scripts yourself, there's no way for anyone but
you to find out what goes wrong. Can you save your modifications somewhere
else, and overwrite all potentially modified scripts with their original
version?
Ravi has a very similar case, and I recommended not installing over everything
if Ravi knew where the originals are. If you don't know, reinstalling might be
the easiest way to get the originals.

Best regards,
Marcus

PS: I'll stop answering emails from Ruby forum now, and wait till you send them
from your regular email account