What is the best way to change settings such as gain, taps, frequency
values, etc of various blocks while running? The current setup I'm
refactoring receives new configs over tcp, and a block outputs the new
config values to probe signals, and those probe signals are used to change
various settings. In the case of setting some usrp source parameters
(center frequency), it appears to not properly work, so for the usrp sink
and sources, I am going to pass messages to change the parameters. This
isn't possible for other blocks, though, as they do not have message
inputs.

If I should stick with the current method, though, I'm really curious how
there is mutual exclusion, as the values are being changed while the
flowgraph is running. I have looked at the source code for some of the
blocks I'm using, and I don't see any mutexes. This makes me think this
isn't the best way to do what is being done.

Thanks,
Sean

--
Sean Horton