I think Fred may have felt that the comment about being late with Wayland was
directed personally. In fact he was the first to suggest using it (as he's
argued for leveraging things like Cairo and open GL, against some opposition).

I tried to get some wayland examples installed/working before leaving home,
without success. I'm sure I can get it working, but the main Linux
distributions are definitely not ready for it yet, so I think if we jump on it
now, we won't be too late, and other people will have done most of the heavy
lifting for us.

If Fred is interested, perhaps he and I could get something working over the
Christmas period.

Sent from my android device.