On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 6:05 PM, Xavier Brochard <xav...@alternatif.org>
wrote:

> Le 31 juillet, 18:46:22 Fred Kiefer a écrit :
> > That just shows the main issue we have. People, even the one interested
> in
> > GNUstep, are not aware of what is already there.
>
> That's why a little how-to is necessary!
> It would start with
> For a good experience try with
> - freeBSD
> - Fedora
> - SuSE
> - forget Debian and derivative
>
> Install this
> Configure this and this
> etc.

Side note: We seem to be having another potential centithread about 'what
needs to be done', 'why is GNUstep not used more' and 'what is the right
thing for people to use'.

Before the whole thing escalates, posters, please consider to which level
is discussing this useful, and at which level we risk entering the
territory of 'this discussion is damaging'. Remember: we've had these
situations before, with key contributors bailing out.

Also, consider: depending on your point of view, this thread may or may not
have went slightly offtopic. Are we still discussing the Live CD posting on
OSNews? Perhaps, but it's not clear to me. :)