On Wed 20 Nov 2019 at 00:48, cobjective <stoyan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My initial idea was to make my dream come true - have NeXTSTEP for my own
> use: fast, reliable and consistent.
> I would be glad if other people share my taste. If you like
> macOS/KDE/GNOME - why should you use GNUstep-based DE?

GNUstep is not GNOME or KDE; GNUstep is GTK or Qt. It’s not a DE, it’s a
set of libraries to support development of desktop apps, backend services
and CLI tools.

That’s where work that you’re doing on Nextspace comes in, I think? GNUstep
core doesn’t have to declare “there is one DE and it’s NeXT-like”, it can
serve for app development for other desktops. Further work can be built on
top of that.

I have my own view of a GNUstep-based desktop — but I’m not feeling like
putting enough effort into it to make it come true :)
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile