Liam,

On Thu, Dec 23, 2021 at 7:31 PM Liam Proven <lpro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Dec 2021 at 00:07, Gregory Casamento
> <greg.casame...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Excellent article, but I have to say that saying  GNUstep as an
> implementation of NeXTSTEP is half our issue.   It would be better to say
> it is an implementation of Cocoa.
>
> Thank you!
>
> It was only a brief mention and the piece was getting over-long
> anyway. I feel that the term Cocoa is not well-enough known, nor would

???  I'm wondering why Cocoa wouldn't be well known.

> something like "Yellow Box" or something be either. I had just talked
> about how macOS bundles apps into special folders, how it had
> inherited this from its ancestor NeXTstep, so I thought it was fair to
> continue that line by saying that there's a FOSS re-implementation of
> that stuff.

Of Cocoa. :)   My point was, from reading the article, if someone doesn't
know the heritage of Cocoa, then they will read that as "GNUstep is a clone
of NeXTSTEP."

> Is the .app folder bundle format part of Cocoa, the API, anyway?

Part of the API?  Not necessarily, but part of the OS, yes, absolutely.
macOS/Cocoa still uses it.

--
> Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
> Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk ~ gMail/gTalk/FB: lpro...@gmail.com
> Twitter/LinkedIn: lproven ~ Skype: liamproven
> UK: (+44) 7939-087884 ~ Czech [+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal]: (+420)
> 702-829-053

Yours, GC
--
Gregory Casamento