Liam,

On Mon, Dec 13, 2021 at 8:58 AM Liam Proven <lpro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This discussion contains some useful points. There may be stuff here
> that should be addressed right on the homepage.

> Étoilé is there too. I wonder if this is because I mentioned both in my
> article?
>
> As I have said more than once before, IMHO, the GNUstep project
> *really* _NEEDS_ a version of a mainstream distro based on the desktop
> environment, as a showcase.

There has been, for a while, the idea of creating a "reference"
distribution.

> NEXTspace hasn't released any binaries or an ISO yet as far as I know.
> It needs that. Ordinary Linux users are not going to compile their
> own.
>
> The HelloSystem evaluated it and discarded it, and the GNUstep project
> missed a _huge_ opportunity there. That made me very sad.
>
> https://hellosystem.github.io/docs/

It is interesting that they apparently never bothered to speak to a SINGLE
SOUL on this project about their interest.

Hello is getting some attention. I managed to get a recent build to

--
Gregory Casamento
https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=352392 - Become a Patron