On Wednesday 28 July 2004 16:49, Neil Anderson Saunders wrote:

> It seems that Domain Registry Services is sending out scam notices to
> Nominet customers (presumable by mining the Nominet whois database).
> What's the best course of action to stop these people?

Presumably contacting Nominet is the first course of action, as you did with
the message.

Also lurking in my inbox was the Nominet newsletter No 18 with a story of
interest.

http://www.nominetnews.org.uk/jul04/data-mining-victory.php?id=3744119&f_access=1&m_id=17

The problem here is authenticating ourselves to the end user, not the other
way around. I suspect the problem is made worse by Nominet who still insist
on invoicing anything that moves, just adding to the general confusion in the
minds of customers as to who is providing their DNS service (and for how
much, and for what).