Roger B.A. Klorese wrote:

Mark Hutchings wrote:

When I run a whois for a domain that a customer has purchased through us, it is showing the IP for nameservers that has been changed a long time ago. The domain (that is running the name servers) is through GoDaddy (big mistake) and the IP information was changed through there several months ago. When I run a whois on the name server, it shows the right IP address. But when I run a whois on any domain thats been registered through us before the IP addresses were changed, those domains show the old IP address on the name servers. How can I get all these domains to see the correct IP address of the name servers?

Bad news: you can't.

Good news: why bother -- the IP address in the record is irrelevant.

That's what I thought too. We have one customer in particular that seems to be getting emails that are delayed for some reason and we've been trying to figure out why one domain is getting delayed when the other several dozen domains on the same server get emails within seconds. Then we ran a WHOIS on the domain to make sure they didnt do anything on the domain level and that's when we noticed the WHOIS info at Network Solutions is showing the old IP information.