Hi,

Receiving request from 2 different customers to register .ch and .fr, they told us that we were expansive.
So I went to Switch (nic.ch) pages http://www.switch.ch/fr/id/terms/ to see the .ch price.
The public - I repeat public - price there is : CHF 75 (1st year) = $63.00 and CHF 35 (transfer, renewal) = $29.40
I could not find the registrar buying rate, but I suppose it should be a lot less
OpenSRS resellers pay $75 (1st year) and $ 50.00 for transfer, renewal
As for .fr, we could find a lot of them at 20 euros ( average public price), I went to the nic.fr page to see the price that the registrars could purchase http://www.afnic.fr/afnic/adhesion/prestataire/tarifs In 2005, buying price is 9 euros = $11.65
There is also a one time set up fee (depend of contract) 1450 euros or 425 euros
Tucows resellers pay $25 (year)
We know that Tucows must do profit and it's a good thing for both of us. But it appears that for these 2 domains margin is excessive. If our buying rates are more expansive than the public rates, how Tucows can sell these european domains ? And - more important - what about our credibility vs competitors or end users ?

D.Laine
Webmaster