Chuck,

Don't think about the mechanical bits:

> to enter redemption grace period, a domain name must be deleted by the current
> registrar.

Think instead about the timeline (30 days) that Redemption offers the
original registrant (which we do still plan on honoring for those who have
not explicitly requested the name be auctioned...its all part of escrow)

I hope to be able to offer more details soon (like a launch date!)

Cheers,

James

On 3/7/05 5:07 PM, "Chuck Hatcher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Truth be told Loren, I haven't looked at what NSI is doing, so I
>> can't really comment on it. Honoring the redemption grace period
>> is mandatory for all names that get deleted, and yes I was a big
>> supporter of the policy (and active in getting it implemented) -
>> but I really can't comment on what NSI is up to.
>
> Well then can you comment on how Tucows' proposed expired domain name
> auction system (re: Tucows to Launch Auction Service for Expiring Domain
> Names) can possibly honor the redemption grace period?  In other words, to
> enter redemption grace period, a domain name must be deleted by the current
> registrar.  Once deleted, how can control revert back to that registrar
> after the redemption grace period expires to allow sale by auction?

James M Woods
Product Manager - TLD's
Tucows Inc.
416.538.5453