At 05:20 PM 3/8/2005, Elliot Noss wrote:
<snip>
I know what I would want from my mom's supplier which, for me, is the ultimate litmus test of it being "unethical" or not. see http://enoss.blogware.com/blog/_archives/2004/9/27/150241.html for much more on this point.

anyone else want to weigh in here?

thanks. nice to see a little heat again :-)

If you don't pay the tax on your house, you lose it.

If you don't pay the tax on your car, you lose it.

If you don't renew your magazine subscriptions, you lose them.

If you don't renew your domain names, you lose them.

In all cases you get a lot of notices and even some measure of "grace period" to pay up after the due date.

It's not unethical to auction names 35 days after expiration - registrants are given plenty of time to renew. If they won't pay for the resource they are tying up, then let someone else who's willing to pay a PREMIUM come in and get it.

If the practice is counter to what some other agreements say, then I say modify those agreements.

-Russ