> From: Discuss [mailto:discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey....@blu.org] On
> Behalf Of Eric Chadbourne
>
> Hi Ed,
>
> I can understand your point on using OS X as the host OS but that is more of a
> limitation of OS X and not the other operating systems.

Agreed.  But that's a philosophical point, which I've found, I never get any
traction with.  I can bitch and gripe all I want about Apple's policies and how
their products are designed to benefit *them* with consumer lock-in, etc etc
blah blah.  Nobody's listening.

> How do you like vmware?  I’ve been using virtualbox for years but I heard
> recently there’s only one dev really maintaining it.  Too big a project for
> that.
> I wonder if it will be discontinued soon?

Virtualbox is really good for a free product.  But if you use it all day every
day, as a professional, then there's no question about it, vmware fusion and
parallels are better.  More features, better reliability, better performance.
Fusion and Parallels are each better in their own ways - ultimately it's a wash
between the two.  They're both fine.  Being a techy person, I prefer the vmware
style over the parallels style.