> I don't like the name LibreOffice.

as an USER i wont take name as a BIG plus point.

if we consider MS Office is a nice name but i wont fit for my requirements.

FREEDOM
Features
HCI
Stability
Awareness
Documentation
Localization
Support (including bug fixing)
Add-ons/Extensions

are the most key areas we must focus.

> But I don't think the time is right for a new name yet.

Yes, after few releases we can consider whether we really need to change,.

> And open competition to get more name suggestions from everyone could still
> be in the open - but not the work on selecting the name.
>
> I would be interested to be in such a workgroup.

Just a suggestion:
is code name helpful if some one thing this name is really bad OR wont
fit to his community?

--
Danishka Navin
http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com

PS: Today morning a Government Officer call me and asked the status of the LO,
  at that time he double check, how to pronounce it. :) but after that
he was ok.