Hi Charles, *,

Charles Marcus schrieb:

>Is there an interface where users can adjust their own user
> preferences?

Yes - already there is, even in a very basic way:
You up to now you can choose to get the mails
- immediately
- as a digest

>If not, is this a permanent situation, or just until more
> infrastructure is in place?

>From my point of view things should be kept as simple as possible
(kiss).

>I'd really like the ability to set certain user prefs - like subject
>tags (I want to disable them), set my reply-to preference, etc...

I think it is not a good idea to burden mailinglist software with a full
featured user preferences database. But i'd think about adding two more
choices:

- no mails  # I'll send mails via nntp interface or from archive page
  therefore I only need unmoderated access.

- no subject tags # I'm filtering by List-ID in folders where tags don't
  make sense and are wasted space.

Everything more should be done by local software.

Gruß/regards
--
Friedrich

Ansprechpartner / contact person for the "PrOOo-Box"
german language OpenOffice.org and more on CD/DVD
http://prooo-box.org