On 2010-10-20 12:40 PM, Florian Effenberger wrote:
> Charles Marcus wrote on 2010-10-20 14.20:
>>> ***I don't know if not allowing non-subscribers to post to TDF
>>> lists was intentional or not*** perhaps someone involved in their
>>> set-up would comment.

>> If this is true, please don't change it. Allowing post was one of
>> the biggest annoyances on the OOo lists (as has already been
>> discussed to death here).

> only subscribed users can post to the list. Everything else has to
> be moderated.

Bummer... my point is that non-subbed posters should simply be sent a
REJECT message with instructions on how to subscribe - or better, a nice
instructive web page with detailed instructions on the lists, and a
subscribe option directly on the web page.

Imho, it is a huge waste of time and resources to try to deal with
moderating non-subbed posts/posters.

--

Best regards,

Charles