Ciao Gianluca,

Le Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:37:14 +0200,
Gianluca Turconi <m...@letturefantastiche.com> a écrit :

> Il 20/10/2010 17.37, Charles-H. Schulz ha scritto:
> > yes. So now, do you like what you see?:-)
>
> Well, generally speaking, yes.
>
> I'm just a bit worried about the point of view about membership
> expressed by Drew Jensen.
>
> Developers are surely a part of the Community core, but just a part.

Yes, but I think, at least in the part for the lobbying, that Drew
thinks of that as something that amounts to what I call advocacy. I do
lobbying professionally, and it involves expertise, writing papers,
documents, filing forms, following strategies, etc. And its a lot of
work, so if I were to do this -I'm not doing it for TDF- I would
expect, to see my contribution recognized, and would have tangible
evidences to show to the membership committee.

> I've read your opinion too and I hope it will definitely prevail in
> the end by quantifying the "intellectual" contribution needed in
> order to join TDF.
>
> I simply don't want to see a division and disagreement between devs
> and laymen as a respin of the previous division between corporate
> employees and volunteers in the OOo Community.

While I do absolutely agree that there should be no divide, (heck, I'm
no developer myself), I also think that certain activities are
appreciated but cannot constitute the only basis for membership
consideration. But here, we're going down into details, which is good.

Best,
Charles.

--
Charles-H. Schulz